Heres a D.I.Y tip to help you clean your make-up brushes.
How often do you clean your make-up brushes? … We are all guilty of not cleaning them enough, and for some of us dirty brushes give us acne.
So how often should you be cleaning the brushes?
Foundation Brushes: Should be cleaned after each use – just think of all the bacteria … YUCK!
Eyeliner Brushes: Should be cleaned after each use – Anything going in your eyes should be kept clean to prevent any infections.
Powder Brushes: Should be cleaned at least twice a week
Ever since I started to clean my brushes a lot more… I’ve noticed I get a lot less break outs.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
* Grease Fighting Dish Soap
* Extra Virgin Olive Oil
* 70-90% Rubbing Alcohol (In a spray bottle)
* Something to hang your brushes on (Optional)
STEP 1: In a bowl mix 2 parts Grease Fighting Dish Soap and 1 part Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
STEP 2: Take the brush and wet it slightly.
STEP 3: Dip the brush into the Soap and Oil mixture and massage the bristles with your fingers.
STEP 4: Rinse until you see no soap washing out.
STEP 5: Hang the brushes upside down (Bristles facing down) or place them on a slant on a towel.
STEP 6: Spray rubbing alcohol on the Bristles.
Things To Remember
* Make sure the brush stays bristle side down the entire time (When washing it and hanging it/placing it to dry) – If water gets into the the metal tube in the middle that holds the everything together it will loosen up the glue and cause the bristles to start falling out – which will ruin your brush.
* Do this on your day off as it will take all day for the brushes to dry.